Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Friendship

I was just sharing my opinion about friendship with my friend, whom I have mentioned before. I've been thinking about the different definition of friendship by Chinese and foreigners.
Chinese people are not as “open” as many foreigners, they don’t hug each other unless they share really close relationships. In many situations, they tend not to express their thoughts directly, and this will sometimes result in serious misunderstandings. Friends are closely related to the family circle in the Chinese society. For example, much like the French, the Chinese address their friends’ parents as “uncle” or “aunt.” Regarding the degree of intimacy, Chinese people rarely disclose themselves to newly-known friends. They believe that one shouldn’t tell others things that are too personal.
Making friends is important. However, it may be difficult if we don’t understand how the others think. For example, we have to adopt different tacks while dealing with people from different cultures, and the more we know about how the others think, the more likely we are going to succeed in befriending with them.
I always regard friendship as a crucial part of my life. Next to being with my family, I spend time with friends the most, and I tend to share stories in daily life with them. When I’m happy, I laugh with them; when I’m down, I tell them my worries. They always accompanied me through every turning of life, and I’m really glad that they will stand by me in my journey of life. With them accompanying me, I won’t be fear because I know that I’m not alone; I won’t give up because I know that there will always be someone whom I love supporting me.
Although there may be thousands types of friendships, the basic meaning of “friend” this word is all the same throughout the world. That is someone you can trust with all your heart and who will always be by your side. Thus, cherish every friendship which you think it worth.

No comments: