Monday, June 9, 2008

My dreaming career

When I was a child, many people asked me what I would like to do in the future, and I always answered that I wanted to be a teacher. However, when they continued to ask me the reason of becoming a teacher, I just couldn't give them an answer. Maybe it was just because that I didn't have enough knowledge about all kind of careers, but as a child, teacher is definitely not a unfamilair career.
When I was in my room, I would imagine that there were students, and I was standing on the stage. I even made a text book myself and a notebook to give students grades! I taught Chinese and English on my imagine classroom, and my major was English. The teacher-and-student game satisfied my teaching desire, and I really hoped that one day the game may come true.
In the junior high school, we had a dog. Because of my love to my cute dog, who is named blackbaby, my dream switched from an English teacher to a vet. I thought that working in an environment full of dogs and cats would be excellent, and what's more, I can save lots of pet's lives or reduce their pain. However, one day I accidentally read an article on the newspapaer which was written by a vet. It said that they had to kill dogs and cats in their anatomy classes because there weren't enough sources of animal's corpse. Although I really wanted to become a vet at that time, I think I couldn't endure the cruel learning process. Since then, I gave up the dream of becoming a vet, comforting myself that I can donate money for street dogs.
Then, as my parents and my wish, I became a medical student last year. I don't know whether this is really what I want or I was brainwashed by my parents and teachers, but I had walked on this road, and I am trying to find my own passion in this field now. I hope one day I can!

No comments: