Friday, May 9, 2008

The Forbidden Kingdom

I went to this movie last weekend after school, and I ate at Friday for supper.
(As i typed this sentence, my keyboard fell down , and it scared me extremely.)
In the beginning, I had interests in this movie only because of the cast. The Forbidden Kingdom starred Jackie Chen, Jet Lee, Yi-Fi Liu, and Bing- Bing Lee, and I really like the two actresses in the film. I didn't spend any time figuring out what the movie was talking about before I bought the tickets, and this rarely happens to me.
Fortunately, the movie didn't let me down, and I think it was really good! The story started in a Chinatown in the U.S. A gang violently rubbed money from an Chinese old man, who got shot after he hit the gangster from behind. Before he fainted away, he gave a golden stick to an American teenager and told him to return it to the true master of it. To escape from the gangster, the teenager accidentally fell down from the roof of a tall building and returned to the acient China.
He met Jackie Chen, Jet Lee, and Yi-Fi Liu on his way, and the four of them teamed up on the search of the bad king. Jackie Chen and Jet Lee taught him lots of kung-fu on the way, and he became strong. After really hard efforts, they finally arrived at the palace which the bad king lived, where they killed the king together and returned the golden stick to its true master.
The mission done, he returned to where he came from with the help of the god, and the time hasn't pass at all. The only thing which has been changed was that he already learned lots of kung-fu, so he fought away the gangster and saved the old man's live.
Although I could predict the ending since the beginning, I still considered it an excellent film!!!

No comments: